Since I am a bit lazy types, so for me, its actually a very tiring and boring task to clean the makeup brushes but then we all have to do it as dirty brushes are equivalent to dirty skin, acne, blemishes, bacteria and what not! Phew!!! When you use brush to apply foundation or blush on your face, bacteria from your skin get transferred to the brush and if you don’t wash the brush after use, they are left there in the brush to foster. Next time when you use those uncleaned brushes, the bacteria that has grown in those brushes is now transferred to your skin and will lead to break outs and pimples. Do you want this ? No ! That’s why its crucial to wash brushes.For hygienic reasons, you should definitely make time to clean your makeup brushes on a regular basis.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN MY BRUSHES?? – AFTER EVERY USE
PROCEDURE TO CLEAN BRUSHES USING BABY SHAMPOO
- First of all, before commencing the procedure, gather all the supplies at one place. This makes the task much more easy. Gather all your dirty brushes near sink, lay aside a big clean hand towel to hold all your brushes after wash and a baby shampoo.
- Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water and rinse out all of the residual makeup. Focus on the actual bristles and avoid the part of the brush where handle meets the head, as this can loosen the glue over time.
- Now take a little bit of baby shampoo on your palms and start swirling the brush around on your palm and keep on adding little water to lather up the product.
- Rinse the brush under running water once again. Keep rinsing the brush until water runs clear from the brush. and all the shampoo product is removed.
- Now gently squeeze the excess water, reshape bristles and lay all of your brushes on the towel to dry.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
- ALWAYS RINSE BRUSHES WITH BRISTLES FACING DOWNPROCEDURE TO CLEAN BRUSHES USING BABY SHAMPOO
- ALWAYS AIR DRY YOUR BRUSHES AFTER USE. NEVER USE HAIR DRYER.
- MAKE IT A POINT TO RESHAPE YOUR BRUSHES WHILE THEY ARE DAMP.
- HANG YOUR BRUSHES UPSIDE DOWN OR LAY THEM ON A TOWEL FOR DRYING. YOU CAN PURCHASE BRUSH HOLDER FOR KEEPING BRUSHES AS WELL AS FOR DRYING.
- CLEAN WITH BABY SHAMPOO TO KEEP THEM SOFT AND SUPPLE.
A deep cleaned brush feels softer on skin as compared to uncleaned brush which feels rough and brittle. Also a cleaner brush helps you get the right color blend. Also, keeping brushes unwashed and dirty reduces their lifetime. High quality make up brushes are designed in such a way that they last for years, but only if we take care of them and clean them properly. So make it a point to deep clean your brushes after every use as makeup brushes are expensive and since you have invested in a quality set so you definitely want to make sure that they remain in pristine condition.
That’s it for today!
C Yaa Soon with a new blog…Xo